It’s summer and it’s hot! I believe married couples should be having just as much fun (if not more) as all of the young people who rave about their summer vacations and events. However, situations are sometimes limited. I want to encourage you to pray about some summer fun for you and your spouse. It’s good to get out and enjoy the sun. Heat things up a bit!
So, when you’re stuck in the heat and it seems like a lazy afternoon, tell yourself that it’s the perfect time for a small love gesture. You can turn a boring summer into a lovely summer haze by simply sparking the love between you and your married beloved.
Here are 10 summer activities that will be sure to boost your relationship, rekindle old flames, and ignite the summer love.
1. Bring home some good coffee or a special dessert. A small gesture of extra sweetness will bring you and your spouse the beginning to a lovely summer evening.
2. Sit outside and look at photo albums together or begin a new one. This is a small romantic way of glancing back to when you were first married.
3. Watch the sunset together. Sit on the patio and listen to your favorite music while watching the sun go down. A sunset is considered one of the most romantic times of the day!
4. Strawberries with chocolate fondue and wine are always a special treat-it goes perfectly with those breezy summer evenings. Relax and enjoy one another’s company.
5. Take a leisurely stroll after dark. Bring some popcorn or something unusual to munch on. Be humorous and light hearted. This is sweet and thoughtful.
6. Fly a kite at the park and lay down to look up at the sky together. Take some time to really bond. Talk about old times and enjoy reminiscing.
7. Write a love letter in fine stationary and read it to your spouse over a candle lit dinner outside possibly. This would be endearing to anyone!
8. Take pictures of each other! Hug and kiss and later frame the best one and leave it for your spouse.
9. Pick a new book that neither of you have ever read before. Relax during the evening s while reading out loud to each other.
10. Go Dancing! Summer is the perfect time to dance. Dance on the beach, go to a dance hall/event, or turn on the music at home and dance in your backyard. It doesn’t matter where or how, but this is one of the best summer activities a couple could do.
I hope these ideas have sparked your imagination! Remember that together, if you are focused on the well being of your better half, anything can be done. Ask the Lord to bless your summer. Ask Him to give you insight to how you can truly bless your spouse. Make this summer memorable! Take pictures of your adventures and leave your own ideas in the comments. We would love to hear them.